Here you can find relevant and helpful resources on ACC issues
- The Dean Report - Miriam R Dean - Independent Review of the Acclaim Otago (Inc) July 2015 Report into Accident Compensation Dispute Resolution Processes
- Māori Experience of ACC - Mauri Ora Associates - Final Report for Department of Labour 2010
- "Solving the Problem" - Warren Forster, Tom Barraclough and Tiho Mijatov - Causation, transparency and access to justice in New Zealand’s personal injury system
- "Understanding the Problem" - Acclaim Otago - An analysis of ACC appeals processes to identify barriers to access to justice for injured New Zealanders
- "The second Sir Owen Woodhouse Memorial Lecture" - Sir Geoffrey Palmer - A Retrospective on the Woodhouse Report: the Vision, the Performance and the future
- • St John, S. (2020) The third Owen Woodhouse Memorial lecture, 2019: Reflections on the Woodhouse Legacy for the 21st Century, 51/2 VUWLR p 293-312
ACC Futures Submissions:
ACC Futures Letters:
- Letter to the Prime Minister regarding Current Issues in the Accident Compensation Act
- Letter to the Minister of Justice regarding Appeals to the Supreme Court
- Followup Letter to the Minister of Justice regarding Appeals to the Supreme Court
- Letter to the Minister of ACC regarding the ACC Board
- Press release: 2021 Changes to the Accident Compensation Act 2001
Archived ACC Futures Content:
ACC Futures Forum 2021 Resources
- Peter Sara and Warren Forster - A Future Disputes Resolutions System
- Hazel Armstrong - The Immediate Changes We Need
- Dr Diane Wepa - Addressing Inequality in ACC Provision: Māori as a Case Study
- Fritz Drissner - The Accredited Employers Scheme
- Ben Thompson The Accredited Employers Scheme: Problems in Practice
- Professor Richard Madden - National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Tom Harris - Institutional Racism and ACC
- Sue Moroney - Why Inequality Provisions in ACC Matter
A livestream of all the presentations can also be found here:
- Helen Kelly - Speech to conferenz on the reform of ACC.
- Hazel Armstrong - Speech at the launch of the ACC Futures Coalition, 8 April 2009
- Richard Moon - Speech at the launch of the ACC Futures Coalition, 8 April 2009
- Sir Owen Woodhouse - speech to ACC Futures Seminar, 1 September 2008
- Alan Clayton - Presentation to ACC Futures Seminar, 1 September 2008
- Hazel Armstrong - presentation to ACC Futures Seminar, 1 September 2008
- Maryan Street - speech to ACC Futures Seminar, 1 September 2008
ACC Futures Submissions
- Submission to the Department of Labour, July 2011
- Submission to the Stocktake of ACC Accounts
- Submission on the Injury, Rehabilitation and Compensation Amendment Bill
- Submission to the Welfare Working Group, September 2010.
- Keynote address: Sir Geoffrey Palmer [LISTEN TO AUDIO]
- Injury prevention: Felicity Lamm
- Rehabilitation and Vocational Independence - Hazel Armstrong
- Organisational culture: Dr. Grant Duncan
- Workshop 1: Full funding, experience rating and injury prevention
- Workshop 2: Choice - The AEP and work account privatisation
- Workshop 3: Reviews and complaints
- Workshop 4: Occupational Disease
- Workshop 5: Noise Induced Hearing Loss
- Peter Thorne looked at what we know about the incidence and prevalence of “Noise-induced Hearing Loss” in NZ and what factors influence hearing loss from noise.
- Workshop 6: Rehabilitation, Vocational Independence and Independent Assessors
- What has the government done since the election? Paper
- A comparative analysis of New Zealand personal injury law. PPT.
- CTU economist points out flaws in ACC proposals.
- CTU submission on extending the accredited Employers Programme and Introducing Choice in the ACC Work Account.
- Choice in the acc workplace account-A solution looking for a problem? Analysis of the Department of Labour options discussion document. Peter Harris.
- Funding of ACC - These two papers explore aspects of the funding of ACC. The Michael Littlewood paper makes the case for abandoning full funding and returning to a form of pay-as-you-go (PAYG). The Susan St. John paper places the current debate in the context of the history of the funding of the ACC scheme
- Experience Rating Reviewed - South Australia is reviewing its approach to experience rating. Their review of the literature suggests major problems with the approach. places the current debate in the context of the history of the funding of the ACC scheme"
- PricewaterhouseCooper Report 2008
- Hazel Armstrong - RNZ interview on privacy breaches 28 October 2021
- Hazel Armstrong - RNZ interview on changes to gradual process inquires legislation 28 September 2021